Amcat is an employment test form Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test. amcat test is used to check students aptitude , reasoning and technical skills. Many companies used this test to select students for their organization. If you are fresher and looking for a IT job then definitely i am sure you heard about AMCAT and Elitmus. AMCAT is a computer based online test.
If you are planning to appear in AMCAT test then definitely you are curious to know about the AMCAT examination and question paper pattern. In this blog post you get the information about what is AMCAT test .
What do you get on taking AMCAT?
- If you have submitted your resume and are waiting for the right job opportunity, Amcat can end your WAIT now.
- Detailed employability feedback report to know your industry fitment, strengths and weaknesses.
- Employability Certificate for highlighting your strong areas to companies.
- Relevant interview calls from multiple companies based on your scores for three years.
- Personalized SMS-based improvement tips and resources to be ready for your first job.
AMCAT Test Pattern
The question in AMCAT paper comes from following section mentioned below.
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Ability
Verbal section in AMCAT is one of the easiest part.This section consists of various grammar and reading comprehension. Here by you find some of the topics in verbal section
- Synonyms/Antonyms/Word Meaning
- Complete the Sentence
- Spot error/Correct sentence
- Sentence Ordering
- Reading Comprehension
Quantitative Ability section consists of basic math’s questions and some logical aptitude questions. Aptitude question are asked from Algebra, Decimals, fractions, powers, HCF, LCM, Calendar, Solving equations and Word Problems, Understanding of Logarithms and exponents, Permutation and Combination, Probability.
The logical ability section assesses capacity of an individual to interpret things objectively, to be able to perceive and interpret trends to make generalizations and be able to analyze assumptions behind an argument/statement. These abilities are primary for success of a candidate in the industry.
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Abductive Reasoning
In this section consists of Analogical Reasoning(Analogy and Classification questions), Deductive Logic(Statement-Conclusion, Statement-Assumption, Data-sufficiency type, Syllogisms),Pattern Recognition(Coding and Decoding Questions, Alphabet Test), Composition of Complex relations(Blood Relation, Direction Understanding, Logical Word Sequence), Reasoning Puzzles, Theme Detection.